Followers

Saturday, February 18, 2017

The Winter is long, dark, and full of trainer terrors . . .

Well, I wish such was the case.  If it were truly so my legs would still find themselves attached to my body after the Team Integrity Cycling Winter Training Series event I did today.  The race was held in Martinsburg, WV (http://wintertrainingseries.itsyourrace.com/event.aspx?id=8591) and the venue was AWESOME!!!  Temps in the 70s for February is a gift and I want some more of that . . .

It’s been like, FOREVER . . . since I posted after a race so I am hoping this little exercise will inspire me to not live as a mere mortal and get back on with my quest for SEXY TURTLE Fitness and cycling greatness.  I love to dream big!!!

Anyway . . . regardless of my lack of fitness and inconsistent winter training regimen, it was OFF THE CHAIN fun to line up with three other members of Evolution.  The small field combined the CAT 4/5s with the CAT 1/2/3s and I quickly started higher level math to predict how many times Dan DANO Underwood would lap me.  How does one calculate the area under the curve as n goes to infinity?  I'm sure that would have gotten me close . . .

I got two good laps with him in sight and for a rather PHAT TURTLE squeezed into our new kit (why did I order mediums by the way), I  will call that GOOD!  One day in a galaxy far, far, away, I will drink less, partly less like a ROCKSTAR, and actually train consistently.  In that alternate universe TURTLE will be great again!  Honest . . .

Serious great efforts from Jeremy JV Vaughn and fellow CAT 5 rider Doug DOUG E FRESH Crooke.  JV hung hard in a chase group and would most likely done much better in the 1-hour of circular fun if not for a couple of MX challenges.  Yet both often waved for me to jump in as they too lapped the TURTLE (multiple times).  I attempted this physical act a few times but there was limited resources developed under the TURTLE shell to keep me in the game . . . well, other than the breakfast burrito I revisited a few times after the 30 min mark.  Not very tasty at all . . .

But this is how it always seem to begin for me . . . great race venue, great friends, and splintered off the back like a rock skipping across a pond.  I LOVE IT!!!  It is also what keeps me trying to ride when I can and laughing as loud as I do (often).  Life is simply too short not to have fun . . .


Life remains bikeROCKstar good and gets better with every pedal stroke . . . I ride and race with some of the best cats on the planet!

Members of the Evolution CAT 4/5 Revival
IT'S ON!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment